HIGHLY INTERESTING NEW FEATURE!
1.Why were legendary frontmen Bon Scott and Iggy pop never invited to join the Wilburys?
They were not considered good enough to join the lads, added to this was the fact that they might not ‘dig the scene.’
2. Does the queen like the Wilburys and is she a member of the fan club?
Naturally her majesty loves The Wilburys but was considered not ‘good enough’ to join the fanclub.
3. Even though he’s been dead for years Does Roy O still contribute to the band?
4.How about Roy C?
No Roy C was responsible for ‘Shotgun Wedding’ and has nothing to do with the Wilburys. Stop wasting valuable questions, you only have six left.
5. How long is a piece of string?
6. Is it as big as a Chinaman?
Look I’ve warned you. That’s four left.
7. Why “The Travelling Wilburys?”
Ah yes that’s a good one. The term Wilbury was an ‘in’ joke between Jeff Linn and George Harrison during the making of George’s solo album ‘Cloud Nine.’ Wilburys were their special name for the Gremlins or errors in the recording equipment. When the group formed this came up again. George’s initial suggestion was the ‘Trembling Wilburys’ but in the end the whole band agreed on The Travelling Wilburys. It is widely assumed that the American spelling was used by group vote.
7a) When they’d finished recording is it true that “The Wilburys” liked to cover each other in baby oil and gob each other off?
– Now hold on a minute…
8. How many albums have the Wilburys recorded?
Too Many! Only kidding of course there aren’t too many. The Wiburys recorded two albums vol 1 and vol 3 – album 2 Does Not exist! Repeat album 2 does not, never has and never will exist! – Can you believe that! The whole thing was meant as an elaborate hoax. The hoax went badly wrong in 2001 for George Harrison when, suing the band over royalties from Album 2, (which doesn’t exist) George died due to the stress.
9. Is there anybody that The Wilburys consider good enough to join the fanclub?
No, there isn’t really anybody that The Wilburys consider good enough to join the fanclub.
10 Not even Prince Charles?
No, Not even Prince Charles?
11. Have you applied to the fan club Noel?
– Yes but I wasn’t considered ‘good enough’
12. Who are the Sideburys?
Ha! Ha! Thought you might ask that. The Sideburys are Jim Keltner (drums) Ray Cooper (more drums) Jim Horn (sax) and Ian ‘handle with care’ Wallace (yet more drums)
13. Are you president of the British Horse society?
Hey this is about the Wilburys! Not Noel Ernest Edmonds born 1948 in Essex to Lydia and Didley who regularly sent tapes to Radio Caroline and London. Before securing a job with the BBC only to get sacked after a stunt went badly wrong then pick himself up from the bottom and come shooting back into top form with award winning and pointless show ‘Deal or No deal.’
14. The Wilburys did like to suck each other off didn’t they Noel and you used to watch and fumble didn’t you Edmonds? admit it, go on..
Now hold a minute! What gives you the right to insinuate that…yes, yes I did.